Child Friendly Family Holiday Cottages in South Devon
Kids of all ages love our cottages! They can look forward to having great days out from them – building sandcastles, exploring secluded coves, rock pooling, hiring bikes, adventures in ruined castles, trips on steam trains and ferry boats or a day out at one of our great visitor attractions. And then, after they get “home”, there’s still so much to do!
With the exception of The Mews and The Beach Hut, all of our cottages are family friendly and great for children of all ages – and here’s a few of the things we provide for them:
- Communal play area with Alice The Tractor and lots of hand crafted wooden toys and logs to play on.
- Plenty of space to run around!
- Digital widescreen TVs with Freeview as well as terrestrial channels.
- CD players & iPod connections.
- Books, toys and games – to suit all ages from 2 to 102.
- Enclosed gardens to play in.
- WiFi access (for those teenagers who can’t be seperated from Facebook!).
- A range of baby equipment to ease your packing, e.g. stairgates, travel cots, highchairs, toys & books.
- We can also offer a soft double sided bed guard (called Dream Tubes) for young children. This provides a soft and safe environment for them to snuggle up in for a good night’s sleep.
- We can give you a few names of local babysitters, all of which Zoe & Geoff have used recently to babysit their children.
Whilst we can’t offer hands on experience on the farm, we do offer you the chance to come and watch the cows being milked and you will usually see some of our cows or calves in the fields around the cottages
We have a wonderful wildflower meadow for children and adults alike to enjoy. Complete with fruit trees, hazel copse, living willow sculpture, grassy areas, Alice The Tractor and some children’s play equipment, it also marks the start of the new farm wildlife trail!